Our amazing team put all their experience and market knowledge on this model design to concentrate into a single instrument all the most sought after features by a high percentage of bassists. It’s a real example of balance, simplicity and functionality, added to a nice design reminding something vintage but still leaving total expression to any bass player.
BODY: for this “P” style body we had to chose selected alder, one of the most used wood for vintage style basses thanks to its balanced tone, fast attack, controlled sustain and light weight. Its particular grain enhances the amazing GOLD finish.
NECK: hard maple, Vintage Yellow Glossy finish with flat cut. The C profile and reduced nut width in a pure vintage style make playing really comfortable and its two ways truss rod on the headstock let ultra precise adjustments even with really low action settings.
FINGERBOARD: Pau Ferro, 34" scale, 20 frets with vintage cream binding, bone nut and MOP block inlays.
Custom gold machine heads, F Style | 20:1 ratio, ultra light, precise and reliable.
Die cast gold bridge, lightweight, simple and functional in a perfect vintage style.
Single coil J style passive pickups custom designed on Markbass specs, perfectly matching Markbass electronic, 70’ style layout. Getting “J” style pickup and neck on a “P” style body is a dream for many players… a Golden dream became true!!!
- Headstock Shape: Custom Vintage Style
- Thickness: 15mm
- Top: None
- Binding/black Line: None
- Tuner: Custom Gold F Style W/mb Logo - Ratio 20:1
- Truss Rod Cover: None
- Logo: Markbass | Gold
- Wood: Hard Maple
- Profile: Comfort C
- Thickness: 20~21mm
- Truss Rod: 2-way Headstock Side
- Wood: Selected Pau Ferro
- Width (Nut/20 Fret): 36mm / 61mm
- Frets / Frets N°: 20 Frets
- Scale / Radius: 34" / 14"
- Nut: Bone
- Binding: Cream Vintage Binding
- Inlays / Dots: Blocks In Mop / 2mm Side Dot Inlay
- Shape: P Style
- Top: None
- Wood: Selected Alder
- Thickness: 42mm
- Binding: None
- Bridge: Die Cast Gold Vintage Style
- Joint / Plate: Bolt-on (4 Screws) / Rectangular Gold (Mb Logo)
- Pickguard: None (Optional)
- End-pin: Standard Gold
- Jack / Jack Plate: Side / 1/4 Stereo Jack
- Eq Controls: Markbass V/v/t(Active/passive) + 3 Band Eq
- Knobs: Gold Metal Dome (2 Big + 4 Small)
- Pickups: Mb Custom J/j 4 (’70 Placement)
- Headstock: Matched - Metallic Gold Glossy
- Neck: Vintage Yellow Tint - Glossy Finish
- Body Top: Metallic Gold Glossy
- Body Back: Metallic Gold Glossy
- Strings: Markbass Gold Strings 40/100
- Ramp: None
- Gig Bag: Markbass Custom De Luxe